- October 2004
- Vol. 5, No. 8
Resources to Help Communities Prepare for National Adoption Month 2004
The Children's Bureau's 2004 National Adoption Month website is now available, just in time to help adoption agencies, parent groups, and States plan their celebrations for National Adoption Month in November.
The website builds on the Collaboration to AdoptUSKids' national recruitment campaign, Answering the Call, as well as the adoption public service campaign launched this summer. (See Related Item, below.) Recruitment efforts are highlighted throughout the site to encourage America's families to "answer the call" to ensure the safety, permanency, and well-being of our nation's children.
Highlights of the 2004 National Adoption Month website include:
- Information about National Adoption Day 2004 (Saturday, November 20), when hundreds of children around the country will have their adoptions finalized in local jurisdictions
- A toolkit created by AdoptUSKids to help professionals promote adoption, including sample press releases and tips for engaging the media
- Resources to support adoption professionals in their efforts to recruit and retain adoptive families for children waiting in foster care
- Information about children who are waiting for adoptive families
- Information on how to adopt, for people just getting started
- Resources to help parents and teachers support adopted children and their families
The Collaboration to AdoptUSKids and the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse, both services of the Children's Bureau, collaborated to create this year's National Adoption Month website.
Look for more information about National Adoption Month in the November issue of Children's Bureau Express.
For more about the national recruitment campaign, see "National Campaign Urges Americans to Adopt" in the June 2004 issue of Children's Bureau Express.