- October 2004
- Vol. 5, No. 8
Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
The deadline for the December 2004 funding cycle of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is November 5. The Foundation provides funding to U.S. and Canadian tax-exempt organizations that work to move children from foster care into adoptive homes. The Foundation is especially interested in addressing the permanency needs of children who are older, medically or emotionally challenged, or from an ethnic minority, or sibling groups who seek to be adopted together.
Preference is given to applications that:
- Propose innovative recruitment and adoption awareness efforts
- Develop methods to overcome financial, bureaucratic, or procedural barriers to adoption
- Define outcome measures and are cost effective
- Partner with other organizations, corporations, or foundations
- Propose innovative service delivery to adopted children and adoptive families
The Foundation excludes certain kinds of requests, including individual adoption expenses, operating budgets, endowments or capital campaigns, adoption searches or reunions, scholarships, and special events. Go to the Foundation's website (https://www.davethomasfoundation.org/) for more information about funding priorities, exclusions, and the application process.