- March 2005
- Vol. 6, No. 2
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through June 2005 include:
- The 24th Annual National CASA Conference "Growing a Better Tomorrow....For Every Child" (April 16 through 19; Atlanta, GA).
- 15th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect "Supporting Promising Practices and Positive Outcomes: A Shared Responsibility" (Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; April 18 through 23; Boston, MA).
- 23rd Annual "Protecting Our Children" Conference (National Indian Child Welfare Association; April 24 through 27; Albuquerque, NM).
- 2005 Conference on Child Welfare Services Performance (The Performance Institute; March 30 through April 1; San Diego, CA).
- Finding Better Ways 2005: "Addressing the Mental Health Needs of Children, Youth and Families" (Child Welfare League of America; May 2 through May 4; New Orleans, LA).
- Pathways to Adulthood: "Independent Living/Transitional Living Conference 2005" (National Child Welfare Resource Center for Youth Development; May 18 through May 20; Atlanta, GA).
- 2005 National Citizen Review Panel Conference (North Carolina Division of Social Services and the South Carolina Department of Social Services; May 25 through May 27; Nags Head, NC).
- NDACAN Summer Research Institute (National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect; June 1 through June 5; Ithaca, NY).
- 2005 Conference on Family Group Decision Making (American Humane; June 8 through June 11; Long Beach, CA)
- APSAC's 13th Annual Colloquium (American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children; June 15 through June 18; New Orleans, LA).
- Investigation and Prosecution of Child Fatalities and Physical Abuse (American Prosecutors Research Institute; June 27 through July 1; Denver, CO).
Further details about national and regional adoption and child welfare conferences can be found through the "Conference Calendar Search" feature on Child Welfare Information Gateway: www.childwelfare.gov