- June 2006
- Vol. 7, No. 5
Nominations Open for Adoption Excellence Awards
The Administration for Children and Families is now accepting nominations for the 2006 Adoption Excellence Awards. The awards honor individuals, families, organizations, businesses, agencies, and States that have demonstrated excellence in providing stable, permanent homes for children in foster care. The deadline for submission of nominations is August 7, 2006.
Nominees are eligible to win in the following award categories:
- Decrease in the length of time that children in foster care wait for adoption
- Increased adoptions of older children
- Interjurisdictional adoptions
- Faith-based initiatives
- Support for adoptive families
- Individual and/or family contributions
- Business contributions/initiatives
- Judicial or child welfare system improvement
Nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by a panel of recognized experts in the adoption field, who will make award recommendations to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Award recipients will be notified by October and recognized in November during National Adoption Month.
Everyone interested in making nominations (including self-nominations) is invited to access the nomination materials on the Children's Bureau website: