- August 2007
- Vol. 8, No. 7
National Foster Care and Adoption Directory
The National Adoption Directory on the Child Welfare Information Gateway website is now the National Foster Care and Adoption Directory (NFCAD). The NFCAD is a free, searchable online directory of foster care and adoption resources in every State, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. It contains information on thousands of public and private organizations and is continually updated in order to provide users with the most current information available.
The NFCAD allows users to search the following categories of foster care and adoption information:
- Licensed Private Domestic Adoption Agencies
- Licensed Private Intercountry Adoption Agencies
- Public (Foster Care) Adoption Agencies
- Foster Care and Adoption Resources in Your State/Territory
- State Foster Care and Adoption Officials
- Foster Care and Adoption Support Groups
- Search Support Groups (for adopted adults and birth relatives)
- Accessing Adoption Records
Each record provides contact information, type(s) of services provided, and languages spoken. Search results can be grouped by type of services offered and languages spoken and can be sorted by organization name, State, city, or zip code.