- September 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 6
Health Professionals to Focus on Domestic Violence Day
To mark Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October, the Family Violence Prevention Fund has scheduled the second annual Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day on October 5.
FVPV is offering a free Screening to Prevent Abuse Packet to help interested groups plan events for the day. The packet includes:
- Suggested organizing activities
- Preventing Domestic Violence: Clinical Guidelines on Routine Screening
- Catalog of materials (including new multilingual safety cards and posters)
- Practitioner reference card
- Patient postcard
- Samples of victim safety card
- Health care provider buttons: "Is someone hurting you? You can talk to me about it."
- Public relations tools
- Domestic violence assessment and intervention tips
- Fact sheet on domestic violence and health care
- Executive Summary on the Family Violence Prevention Fund
For more information or to request a packet visit FVPF at http://www.fvpf.org/health/screening.htm or call 888-Rx-Abuse.