- Dec 2007/Jan 2008
- Vol. 8, No. 11
Special Themes Coming to Children's Bureau Express
Beginning with the next issue, an enhanced Children's Bureau Express will include a special focus or "theme" section each month, so that we can take a more comprehensive look at some of the pressing concerns in child welfare. The February 2008 issue will debut the new section with the theme "Family Engagement: What Works." Later issues will look at such themes as:
- Disproportionality in Child Welfare: The Case for Culturally Competent Practice
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- National Foster Care Month
- Disaster Preparedness
- Youth Permanency and the Shared Youth Vision
- CFSRs: What Are We Learning From Round Two?
- Substance Abuse and Child Welfare
- National Adoption Month
- Child Welfare Leadership: Strategies for Strengthening the Workforce
Each theme section will highlight resources and news pertaining to the topic. These might include programs, projects, funding opportunities, State or jurisdictional efforts, toolkits, books or journal articles, curricula, websites, training, and more. While the focus will be on more recent efforts, articles also may cover ongoing programs and resources with a track record of success.
If you know of a resource or program that might fit one of these themes, we'd love to hear your suggestions. Please send us an email: