Among other updates from the T&TA Network, read about the new issue of The Roundtable—in which the National Resource Center for Adoption focuses on educational well-being for older adopted youth and older youth in guardianship placements.
We highlight two grantee site visits this month, one from the Using Comprehensive Family Assessments to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes grant cluster and another from the Child Welfare - Education System Collaborations to Increase Educational Stability cluster.
- Site Visit: Comprehensive Family Assessment in North Carolina
- Site Visit: Cincinnati's Kids in School Rule!
This month, CBX points to current data and literature about African-American males involved with child welfare, new research on successful family reunification, and information about the unmet mental health needs of children and youth in kinship care.
- African-American Males in Child Welfare
- Sexual Health Services for Youth in Care
- New Research on Family Reunification
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
This CBX section provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.
- Protecting Children From Secondhand Smoke
- Tips for Professionals Serving LGBTQ Youth
- Campaign Against Child Sexual Exploitation