We highlight a report from Casey Family Programs that explores emerging research linking positive experiences in childhood with healthy outcomes for children and families and their ability to mitigate the effects of early adverse childhood experiences. We also feature a report from the American Academy of Pediatrics that explores a systematic approach to implementing shared decision-making when working with children with disabilities and their families.
- Report Points to Power of Positive Experiences to Overcome Childhood Adversity
- Pediatricians Recommend Shared Decision-Making for Families of Children With Disabilities
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other instruments that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Podcasts Highlight Programs Connecting Kinship Caregivers With Support Services
- Tips for Child Welfare Attorneys on Understanding the Impact of Trauma
- Webinar Focuses on Early Childhood Integrated Data Systems
This section of CBX provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.