Read about a study that discusses whether and how poverty is perceived by child welfare workers to be a contributing factor to child welfare involvement in cases of substantiated child neglect and an article about how some child welfare systems are experimenting with strategies to address risks associated with poverty.
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Project GAIN Provides Economic Support to At-Risk Families
- Safe & Sound Seeks to Strengthen Vulnerable Families
- Live Well San Diego
- Redesigning Child Welfare to Focus on Early Intervention and Prevention
- Webinar Highlights Child Welfare and Poverty
- Community Collaborations to Build Service Array
This section of CBX provides a quick list of interesting resources, such as websites, videos, journals, funding or scholarship opportunities, or other materials that can be used in the field or with families.
- Families Facing Eviction and Housing Challenges
- Family Poverty Is Not Child Neglect
- When Poverty Is Confused With Neglect