- Dec 2008/Jan 2009
- Vol. 9, No. 10
- Children's Bureau Express
- News From the Children's Bureau
News From the Children's Bureau
The President signs child welfare legislation, and CBX links you to a Tribal site visit, T&TA resources, evaluation information on ILPs, and more.
- From the Associate Commissioner's Office
Welcome to the December/January issue of "Children's Bureau Express". As the year comes to a close, we at the Children's Bureau (CB) are taking this opportunity to not only look back at what we...
- President Bush Signs New Child Welfare Legislation
On October 7, 2008, President George W. Bush signed into law H.R. 6893, the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008. The new law, Public Law (P.L.) 110-351, generally...
- Community-Based Services for Tribal Families
Oppression, separation, and forced relocation of Indian families through the generations have had a crippling effect on many traditional Indian family values and parenting strategies that used to...
- Adoption Campaign Reinforces "You Don't Have to Be Perfect"
The Ad Council, in partnership with the Children's Bureau and AdoptUsKids, recently launched its newest series of public service announcements (PSAs) designed to promote the adoption of teens from...
- How the Children's Bureau Supports Interjurisdictional Placement
Every year, child welfare agencies place thousands of children with foster parents, prospective adoptive parents, or relatives who live in other States. The Children's Bureau actively supports...
- The Source Focuses on the Impact of HIV and Substance Abuse
The fall 2008 issue of the National Abandoned Infants Assistance (AIA) Resource Center's "The Source" looks at children's well-being in families affected by HIV and/or substance abuse. The journal...
- The T&TA Network Offers New Resources on Workforce, Change, Outcomes, and NYTD
The Children's Bureau Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Network offers many new resources for States and agencies. Some recent updates and releases include: * Child Welfare...
- Linking Prevention Programs and Child Welfare Services
Over the last several years, the Office on Child Abuse and Neglect at the Children's Bureau has emphasized the need for more joint planning efforts between the Community-Based Child Abuse...
- Evaluation of Two Independent Living Programs
Evaluations of two Los Angeles Independent Living Programs (ILPs) funded under the John H. Chafee Foster Care Independence Program (CFCIP) have implications for improving ILPs to better help youth...
- New! On the Children's Bureau Site
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more....