- Dec 2008/Jan 2009
- Vol. 9, No. 10
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on Leadership in Child Welfare
Spotlight on Leadership in Child Welfare
This month, CBX focuses on child welfare leadership and its impact on the workforce. Read about two CB-funded Institutes that are effecting change this area, and find out more about leadership preparation and training.
- Emerging Leaders Contributing to the Adoption Field
The National Child Welfare Resource Center for Adoption (NCWRCA) continues preparing emerging minority leaders through its groundbreaking Minority Adoption Leadership Development Institute...
- Workforce Institute Launches With Ambitious Program
The National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI) was recently funded by the Children’s Bureau as a 5-year project to raise national awareness about child welfare workforce issues and...
- Workforce Grants for M.S.W. and B.S.W. Programs
The newly funded National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (see "Workforce Institute Launches With Ambitious Program" in this issue) will be issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Child...
- The National Child Welfare Leadership Institute Trains Future Leaders
The National Child Welfare Leadership Institute (NCWLI) is a 17-month project created to provide leadership training to mid-level child welfare managers in public and Tribal agencies around the...
- Preparing for Successful Transitions in Leadership
As organizations grow and mature, they will inevitably face a change in leadership. Good succession planning can help organizations prepare for that change in ways that can strengthen the...
- Leadership Impacts Job Satisfaction Among Social Workers
A new study in the journal "Administration in Social Work" found that social workers' perceptions of leader behavior significantly affected job satisfaction. A national sample of 833 practicing...