- September 2009
- Vol. 10, No. 7
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on the CFSRs: What Are We Learning From Round Two?
Spotlight on the CFSRs: What Are We Learning From Round Two?
This month, CBX brings you updates on the second round of the CFSRs, including a briefing from the Federal CFSR team and interviews with four States that have excelled in providing health or education services.
- Second Round Update From the CFSR Team
At the Children's Bureau's annual Agencies and Courts Meeting in August, members of the Federal Child and Family Services Review (CFSR) team presented interim findings from the second round of...
- New Standards Lead the Way to Better Health Services in Idaho
Improvements in meeting children's health-care needs resulted in stellar marks for Idaho on Item 22 (physical health of child) of the State's 2008 Federal Child and Family Services Review (CFSR)....
- DC's Office of Clinical Practice Cares for Children's Health
Since establishing its Office of Clinical Practice (OCP), the District of Columbia's Child and Family Services Agency has made remarkable strides in providing health assessments and medical care...
- Texas Shines in Educational Services
Texas' most recent Federal Child and Family Services Review (CFSR) demonstrated that the State's extensive efforts to improve educational outcomes for children and youth in the child welfare...
- Massachusetts DCF Focuses on Keeping Children in School
The Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF) is committed to ensuring that children involved with the department attend school. This goal has had extensive ramifications for the...
- CFSRs Reveal Promising Approaches
Strategies for improving child welfare systems continue to emerge from States' Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs). The Children's Bureau website lists many of these promising approaches...
- Updated PIP Instructions for Round 2 CFSRs
The Children's Bureau's Technical Bulletin #4, released June 1, provides guidance for States' Program Improvement Plans (PIPs) developed as part of the second round of the Child and Family...