- September/October 2011
- Vol. 12, No. 7
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on Program Improvement Plans
Spotlight on Program Improvement Plans
CBX spotlights States' Program Improvement Plans (PIPs), with articles on three States at various junctures in the PIP process.
- A Community Initiative to Improve Outcomes for Children
A new publication from Casey Family Programs describes the Magnolia Place Community Initiative, a place-based effort to improve the lives of children and families in a 5-square-mile area of Los...
- Characteristics of Infants in Foster Care
Infants in out-of-home care are a vulnerable population with needs and challenges that significantly differentiate them from older foster children. A recent study by Chapin Hall explores the...
- Standards for Effective Group Care Practice
Group care programs for youth in child welfare vary widely, and the differences in program characteristics and service settings are not adequately delineated when considering the role and...
- State-by-State Disproportionality Rates
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (NCJFCJ) has produced a technical assistance bulletin that provides data on racial disproportionality in the child welfare system of each...