- December 2014/January 2015
- Vol. 15, No. 11
- Children's Bureau Express
- Children's Bureau Grantee Updates
Children's Bureau Grantee Updates
We present five site visit reports from three Children's Bureau discretionary grant clusters: (1) Child Welfare – Early Education Partnerships to Expand Protective Factors for Children With Child Welfare Involvement, (2) Child Welfare – Education System Collaborations to Increase Educational Stability, and (3) Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System.
- Site Visit: Colorado's PIECES
Many young children involved with child welfare do not always receive the early care, intervention, and education services necessary to support their healthy development and well-being. The...
- Site Visit: State of Connecticut Early Childhood – Child Welfare Collaboration Project
In 2011, the Children's Bureau awarded the Connecticut (CT) Department of Children and Families (DCF) a grant to implement the Early Childhood Child Welfare Collaboration Project (ECCWCP). The...
- Site Visit: Improving Educational Well-Being Outcomes for Children
Using a 17-month Children's Bureau (CB) grant, the Allegheny County (Pennsylvania) Department of Human Services (DHS), the Pittsburgh Public School (PPS) District, and the Allegheny County Family...
- Site Visit: Waterbury (CT) Educational Stability Initiative
In fiscal year 2011, the Children's Bureau awarded 10 grants to promote collaboration between child welfare and education systems in order to increase educational stability for children ages 10 to...
- Site Visit: Ohio's Partners for Forever Families
In 2008, Ohio's Cuyahoga County Department of Children and Family Services (CCDCFS) received discretionary grant funds from the Children's Bureau's Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in...