- May/June 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 3
- Intercountry Adoption: Developments, Trends, and Perspectives
Selman, P. (Editor). British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering, London, United Kingdom. 2000. 555 pp. $20.00. Paperback.
More than 30 experts contributed to this anthology on the history,...
- Promoting Children's Emotional Well-Being: Messages From Research
Buchanan, A.; Hudson, B. (Editors). Oxford University Press, United Kingdom. 2000. 272 pp. $45.00. Paperback.
Emotional and behavioral disorders prevent many children from reaching their full...
- Preparing Youth for Long-Term Success: Proceedings From the Casey Family Program National Independent Living Forum
Nollan, K. A.; Downs, A. C. (Editors). Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2000. 160 pp. $14.95. Paperback.
Research shows that adolescents in foster care achieve lower levels...
- The Impact of Adoption on Members of the Triad
Adoption and Ethics Series, Volume 3. Freundlich, M.; Lieberthal, J. K. Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2001. 115 pp. $18.95. Paperback.
Adoption affects each member of...
- The Promotion of Wellness in Children and Adolescents
Cicchetti, D.; Rappaport, J.; Sandler, I.; Weissberg, R. P. (Editors). Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2000. 541 pp. $28.95. Paperback.
The concept of psychological...
- Child Welfare Outcome Research in the United States, The United Kingdom, and Australia
Maluccio, A. N.; Ainsworth, F.; Thoburn, J. Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2000. 151 pp. $14.95. Paperback.
Comparing outcomes of child welfare interventions is complex...
- Sexual Offender Treatment: Biopsychosocial Perspectives
Coleman, E.; Miner, M. (Editors.) Haworth Press Inc., Binghamton, NY. 2000. 126 pp. $29.95. Paperback.
As public outcry and government laws lead to longer prison sentences for sexual...
- The Adoption Reunion Survival Guide: Preparing Yourself for the Search, Reunion, and Beyond
Bailey, J. J., Giddens, L. N. New Harbinger Publications, Inc., Oakland, CA. 2001. 166 pp. $13.95. Paperback.
Adoptees and birth parents are searching for—and finding—each other more and more...
- Grandparents as Carers of Children with Disabilities: Facing the Challenges
McCallion, P.; Janicki, M. (Editors.) Haworth Press Inc., Binghamton, NY. 2000. 146 pp. $29.95. Paperback.
According to estimates, one in ten grandparents will be primary caregivers to one or...
- Adoption is a Family Affair! What Relatives and Friends Must Know
Johnston, P. I. Perspectives Press, Inc., Indianapolis, IN. 2001. 152 pp. $14.00. Paperback.
Even though nearly 20 percent of this country's population has had direct experience with adoption...
- Early Head Start Children and Parents Thriving
Infants and toddlers from low-income families enrolled in the Early Head Start Program have passed a preliminary evaluation with flying colors. Their parents also are thriving.
- Ending Domestic Violence Among Latinos
Understanding culture-specific factors associated with domestic violence is a key to enhancing the effectiveness of prevention, intervention, and treatment programs in the Latino population.
- National Center Aims to Break Cycle of Violence
A national program focusing on the effects of violence on children celebrated its one-year anniversary this May.
Supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice's Office of Juvenile...
- Video Reaches Out to New Parents
Babies don't come with instruction manuals, but a new video can help new parents cope and babies thrive.
Narrated by Oprah Winfrey, "Begin with Love" is a home video for all first-time parents...
- Resource Guides for Adoptive and Special Needs Families
Three recently updated annual resource guides offer information for current and prospective adoptive families and families of children with special needs.
The National Adoption Directory,...
- Child Trauma Academy Offers Publications, Online Courses
Visit the Child Trauma Academy's website for online training for professionals and other resources in the field of child abuse and neglect. The Child Trauma Academy was created through a...