- April 2016
- Vol. 17, No. 2
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on National Child Abuse Prevention Month
Spotlight on National Child Abuse Prevention Month
We highlight the new 2016 Prevention Resource Guide, the final report of the Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities, a curriculum presenting the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework, and other resources to help professionals prevent child abuse and neglect.
- April Is National Child Abuse Prevention Month
Every April, the Children's Bureau observes National Child Abuse Prevention Month to encourage public awareness of child abuse and neglect, recommit efforts and resources aimed at protecting...
- Developmental Relationships in Families
To highlight the importance of developmental relationships in improving outcomes for children and families, the Search Institute developed Don't Forget the Families: The Missing Piece in America's...
- National Commission Delivers Final Report on Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities
The 2012 Protect Our Kids Act established the national Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities (CECANF) to study and develop recommendations for ending child maltreatment...
- Strengthening Families Scripted Curriculum
Strengthening Families is an approach, validated by research, that seeks to increase family strengths, support child development, and reduce the likelihood of child maltreatment. It focuses on...
- Responding to Child Sex Trafficking With More Effective State Laws
A recent publication by Shared Hope International defines domestic minor sex trafficking as the commercial sexual exploitation via prostitution, pornography, or sexual performance of American...