- November 2016
- Vol. 17, No. 8
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on National Adoption Month
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
November's CBX highlights the 2016 National Adoption Month initiative, as well as other resources for professionals working to help children and youth find forever homes.
- November Is National Adoption Month
Every year, there are more than 100,000 children and youth in the U.S. foster care system waiting for permanent families. This year's National Adoption Month theme, "We Never Outgrow the Need...
- Open Adoption With Gay and Lesbian Parents
Much has changed in adoption over the last several decades to offer greater adoption options for children and parents. Two encouraging trends—one toward openness in communication between...
- Study Examines the Effect of State Policies on Rates of Adoption
In most cases, when a child has been placed in out-of-home care, the State child welfare agency must make reasonable efforts to reunify the child with his or her family. If, after making this...
- Webinar Highlights Importance of Effective Response Systems for Diligent Recruitment
Comprehensive diligent recruitment of foster and adoptive families can improve placement stability and permanency for children and youth in and/or adopted from foster care. An integral component...