- July/August 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 4
- Valuing the Field: Child Welfare in an International Context
Callahan, M.; Hessle, S.; Strega, S. (Editors). Ashgate Publishing Co., Burlington, VT. 2000. 270 pp. $69.95. Hardcover.
From 1996 to 2000, the Canadian Government and the European Commission...
- Balancing Family-Centered Services and Child Well-Being: Exploring Issues in Policy, Practice, Theory, and Research
Walton, E.; Sandau-Beckler, P.; Mannes, M. (Editors). Columbia University Press, New York, NY. 2001. 396 pp. $29.50. Paperback.
With contributions ranging from academic and professional theorists...
- Family-Centered Policies and Practices: International Implications
Briar-Lawson, K.; Lawson, H. A.; Hennon, C. B.; Jones, A. R. (Editors). Columbia University Press, New York, NY. 2001. 396 pp. $24.50. Paperback.
Analyzing the critical juncture of family-centered...
- Developing Competent Youth and Strong Communities Through After-School Programming
Danish, S. J.; Gullotta, T. P. (Editors). Child Welfare League of America Press, Washington, DC. 2000. 314 pp. $24.95. Paperback.
A variety of perspectives on the promotion of youth competency...
- The Role of Race, Culture, and National Origin in Adoption—Adoption and Ethics
Freundlich, M. Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2000. 164 pp. $18.95. Paperback.
There are many unresolved questions related to the role of race, culture, and national origin...
- Siblings in Late Permanent Placements
Rushton, A., Dance, C., Quinton, D., Mayes, D. British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering, London, United Kingdom. 2001. 186 pp. $16.63 (11.95 GBP). Paperback.
Challenges facing the child...
- Promoting Resilience: A Resource Guide on Working With Children in the Care System
Gilligan, R. British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering, London, United Kingdom. 2001. 73 pp. $16.63 (11.95 GBP). Paperback.
Resilience is defined as a set of qualities that helps a person...
- Scholarships and Mentoring Available for Foster Youth
Casey Family Programs and the Orphan Foundation of America have joined together to help decrease financial barriers to higher education faced by foster youth and increase their chances of success...
- New Video Explores Dependency Mediation
Add a new video to your "Permanency Toolkit." In January, as part of its series of videos on alternative dispute resolution, Courter Films released "Permanency Toolkit: Dependency Mediation."
- OJJDP Fact Sheet Highlights National Center on Child Fatality Review
In the United States, approximately 2,000 children die each year of child abuse and neglect. In an effort to bring offenders to justice and to prevent severe and fatal child abuse, the Office of...
- Law Enforcement Data Can be Useful to Child Abuse Researchers
In a bulletin released in May, the Department of Justice's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention urges child abuse researchers to consult the National Incident-Based Reporting...