- December 2018/January 2019
- Vol. 19, No. 10
- Children's Bureau Express
- Child Welfare Research
Child Welfare Research
We highlight the advantages of utilizing multidisciplinary advocacy for families in need, best practices to improve legal representation for children involved with child welfare, and more.
- Individualized Advocacy to Support Families in Detroit
To prevent the removal of children from their homes and expedite permanency when removals do occur, the Detroit Center for Family Advocacy (CFA), a project of the Child Advocacy Law Clinic at the...
- Evaluating Best Practices for Improving Child Legal Representation in Child Welfare Cases
A research and demonstration (R&D) project for the National Quality Improvement Center on the Representation of Children in the Child Welfare System (QIC-ChildRep) is testing the effects of...
- Literature Database Includes All Articles on Child Representation
The National Quality Improvement Center on the Representation of Children in the Child Welfare System (QIC-ChildRep) conducted a needs assessment literature review of academic articles on child...
- Multidisciplinary Teams Improve Legal Resolution, Family Preservation in Child Welfare Cases
A multidisciplinary team (MDT) approach to representing children in child protection cases results in quicker resolution of more cases and better family preservation than a non-MDT approach,...