- February 2019
- Vol. 20, No. 1
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on Well-being as a Crucial Part of the Child Welfare Continuum
Spotlight on Well-being as a Crucial Part of the Child Welfare Continuum
This month's issue of CBX highlights the importance of well-being and the interventions that promote the well-being of children and youth as well as their families. Read a message from Jerry Milner, Associate Commissioner of the Children's Bureau, that expands on the need to achieve well-being as a primary prevention effort for both parents and their children. The issue also includes a variety of resources and publications for child welfare professionals and the families they serve.
- Parent Well-Being and Parent-Child Relationships Are Key to Promoting Child Well-Being
Written by Jerry Milner For far too long, the concept of well-being has been something of an afterthought in child welfare, falling a distant third to ensuring physical safety and pursuing...
- Family Time Is a Critical Well-Being Intervention
Written by Dr. Susan Cohen Esquilin, Ph.D., ABPP-Clinical, and Jey Rajaraman, chief counsel, Family Representation Project-Legal Services of New Jersey In many child welfare cases, the removal...
- Prevention Is Well-Being Work
Written by Melissa T. Merrick, Ph.D., senior epidemiologist, detailee, Office of the Commissioner, Administration for Children and Families, Children's Bureau As I reflect on my 20 years...
- Let’s Enhance the Well-Being of All Children by Building Vibrant and Healthy Communities Together
Written by Frank L. Alexander, director, Boulder County Department of Housing and Human Services, Boulder, Colorado It is time for us to lift our eyes from the consuming confines of our...