- June 2019
- Vol. 20, No. 5
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on Child Welfare Workforce Development
Spotlight on Child Welfare Workforce Development
This issue of CBX features workforce development and ways the child welfare workforce can increase its capacity while maintaining self-care. Read a message from Jerry Milner, associate commissioner of the Children's Bureau, that emphasizes the need for child welfare professionals to empower, support, and respect the families they serve. The issue also includes a variety of resources and publications aimed at strengthening and supporting the child welfare workforce as it performs its often challenging job.
- Becoming a Community for Strengthening Families: The Words We Use
Written by Jerry Milner At the Children's Bureau, we've been thinking quite a bit about the words we use in child welfare and what they convey. We think the words we use are important and carry...
- Why Workforce Development Matters: Child Welfare Workers Making a Difference Day by Day
Written by Katharine Briar-Lawson, professor, National Child Welfare Workforce Institute, and Mary McCarthy, coprincipal investigator, National Child Welfare Workforce InstituteAcross this...
- Georgia’s Multi-Disciplinary Child Abuse and Neglect Institute
Written by Judge Michael Key and Jerry Bruce, colead faculty for the Multi-Disciplinary Child Abuse and Neglect Institute. Judge Key is the juvenile court judge for Troup County, Georgia, and a...
- Conducting Comprehensive Workforce Needs Assessments in Child Welfare
Written by Megan Paul, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Center on Children, Families and the Law, and Courtney Harrison, CLH Strategies and Solutions Staff recruitment, selection, and retention...