- April 2020
- Vol. 21, No. 3
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Preventing and Mitigating the Effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences
Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) can have a negative impact on a person's health and opportunities and even impact future generations. The National Conference of State Legislatures has a...
- What Works to Prevent Sexual Violence Against Children
Together for Girls, in collaboration with the Oak Foundation and the Equality Institute, created a summary of evidence that discusses which strategies are effective in preventing sexual violence...
- Start With What’s Going Right: Supporting Families With Protective Factors
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States When a state agency team began reworking its child safety assessment, it found that two pages of questions were dedicated to risk factors,...