- May 2020
- Vol. 21, No. 4
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Guide for Legal Partners in the Child Welfare System
The Dave Thomas Foundation released a guide for legal professionals involved in the child welfare system. Unadoptable Is Unacceptable: Removing Legal Barriers to Permanency for Older Youth...
- Equipping Foster Parents to Actively Support Reunification
AdoptUSKids released the publication Equipping Foster Parents to Actively Support Reunification (PDF -158 KB) to help policymakers assess child welfare systems' ability to create an environment...
- Coparenting Pilot Focuses on Collaboration Between Birth and Foster Parents
A coparenting pilot program developed by Rising Ground focuses on the benefits of shared parenting between birth parents and foster caregivers with the goal of reducing stress for children in...
- Pilot of an Online Implementation Course From the Building Evidence Training Project
The Building Evidence Training (BET) Project is piloting its second web-based course, "Designing and Implementing Evidence-Supported Interventions in Child Welfare," which teaches participants...
- Collaborating to Build Multidisciplinary, Family-Centered, Strengths-Based Courts
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States "I invite the workforce to come together in a more coordinated way to harness our collective impact for good with a unified purpose of...