- August/September 2020
- Vol. 21, No. 6
- Children's Bureau Express
- News From the Children's Bureau
News From the Children's Bureau
We highlight recent resources from the Children's Bureau and its affiliates that focus on how child welfare is adapting to and emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic and current movement for racial justice.
- Message on COVID-19 From the Children’s Bureau
The Children's Bureau created a webpage with the latest information on COVID-19, which is caused by the coronavirus, that includes everyday preventive actions to avoid infection as well as the...
- Children's Bureau Releases Program Instructions to Guide Agencies During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Children's Bureau has released the following two Program Instructions (PIs) to provide guidance to agencies in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. PI-20-10: Stafford Act Flexibility for...
- Children's Bureau Releases Information Memorandum Pertaining to New Legislation Aimed at Helping Families During the COVID-19 Emergency
The Children's Bureau released ACYF-CB-IM-20-05 to inform title IV-B and IV-E agencies about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act...
- Shifting the Lens Toward Prevention During a Time of Crisis
Written by Cara Kelly, Julie Fliss, and Elaine Stedt from the Children's Bureau, Office on Child Abuse and Neglect There has never been a more important time to focus on improving the overall...
- Building the Capacity to Pivot: Planning for Future Disasters
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States When a disaster hits, agencies must pivot from the established ways of doing things to respond effectively. The situation might be one the...
- 43rd National Child Welfare Law Virtual Conference
The National Association of Counsel for Children (NACC) is hosting its 43rd National Child Welfare Law Conference on August 24–28. This year's will be virtual and will offer 20 sessions with 50...