- January 2021
- Vol. 22, No. 1
- Children's Bureau Express
- News From the Children's Bureau
News From the Children's Bureau
Read a message from the Children's Bureau about COVID-19, a report about how the Family First Prevention Services Act is changing the way Colorado is handling residential placements, findings from 10 years of the National Youth in Transition Database, a report from Think of Us that discusses the best ways to serve youth aging out of foster care, a podcast on what the child welfare system learned in 2020, and more.
- Message on COVID-19 From the Children’s Bureau
The Children's Bureau created a webpage with the latest information on COVID-19 that includes everyday preventive actions to avoid infection as well as the latest guidance from the Centers for...
- Summary of Child Welfare Provisions of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (P.L. 116-260)
Introduction President Trump signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (P.L. 116-260) into law on December 27, 2020. The law appropriates funds and provides flexibilities and assistance...
- Webinar on the Supporting Foster Youth and Families Through the Pandemic Act Now Available
On December 27, 2020, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, P.L. 116-260, was signed into law. The law makes continuing appropriations for specified federal agencies and provides...
- Fewer Residential Placements Lead to Children Thriving in Families in Colorado
A recent article in The Denver Business Journal discusses how the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) has changed the way Colorado's residential care facilities for youth involved with...
- National Youth in Transition Database Turns 10
Since 2010, the National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) has been collecting outcomes information directly from youth transitioning out of the foster care system through a series of shorts...
- New Report Highlights How to Best Serve Youth Aging Out of Foster Care
A new report from Think of Us, Aged Out: How We're Failing Youth Transitioning Out of Foster Care, presents findings from a study conducted to help inform the work of serving youth who are aging...
- Episode 58: 'What Did Child Welfare Learn From 2020 - Caseworker Care' Podcast Now Available
This latest episode of the Child Welfare Information Gateway Podcast Series is the first of three that delve into what the child welfare field learned during 2020 and discusses potential changes...
- Transitioning to Trauma-Informed Congregate Care
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States Children and youth engaged with the child welfare system often experience trauma at significant rates (Dorsey et al., 2012). To address the...
- CB Website Updates
The Children's Bureau website hosts information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, federal reporting, and much more. ...