- February 2021
- Vol. 22, No. 2
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Trauma-Informed Strategies for Supporting Child Welfare-Involved Children and Youth During COVID-19
Children and youth are facing increased emotional stress during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially those involved with child welfare. Child Trends released Trauma-Informed Strategies for Supporting...
- Motivational Interviewing Can Be Used in Child Protection
Parents who become involved with the child welfare system usually experience a significant amount of stress, fear, and hopelessness that can make them less willing to engage with a system they see...
- Using Data to Strengthen Protective Capacities
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States Child welfare agencies can use data exploration—coupled with family engagement—to better understand protective capacities among families they...