- May 2021
- Vol. 22, No. 5
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Reducing Reliance on Institutional Care Placements for Children in the Child Welfare System
Research shows that children and youth experience better outcomes when they are placed in more family-like settings rather than institutional care. A report by the Children's Bureau found that 41...
- Webinar Provides Insights on the Opioid Crisis' Impact on the Child Welfare System
Parental drug use is one of the leading reasons children are removed from their homes and placed in foster care. A new webinar shares research on the negative impacts of the opioid epidemic on...
- Engaging Youth as Advocates for Themselves and Others
A message from Children's Bureau's National Foster Care Month lead, Taffy Compain, in partnership with the Capacity Building Center for States Youth with lived expertise in foster care are...