- July/August 2021
- Vol. 22, No. 7
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
This section of CBX offers publications, articles, reports, toolkits, and other resources that provide either evidence-based strategies or other concrete help to child welfare and related professionals.
- Seven Lessons the Child Welfare System Can Take From COVID-19
Like many fields, child welfare was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent government responses. Incidents of child maltreatment are likely on the rise due to financial instability,...
- Five Ways to Serve Youth Through the Family First Prevention Services Act
A recent brief from the Center for the Study of Social Policy details five opportunities within the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) of 2018 for states to build a prevention continuum...
- Supporting the Well-Being of Children, Youth, and Families After the Pandemic Is Over
Written by the Capacity Building Center for States Throughout 2020, agencies grappled with numerous disruptions, including the COVID-19 pandemic (with its related school and work closings and...