- November/December 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 6
Spotlight on National Adoption Month
- Children's Bureau Unveils Adoption Month Site for 2001
Adoption professionals across the United States should plan to make a virtual trip this November to the new National Adoption Month site, sponsored by the Children's Bureau at...
- HHS Awards Adoption Bonuses
In September, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) awarded 35 States and the District of Columbia approximately $11 million in bonuses for increasing adoptions of children from...
- HHS Promotes Adoption through Discretionary and Training Grants
More than $11 million in grants have recently been released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to fund programs that promote adoption.
Announced on September 30, the...
- Jurisdictions Celebrate National Adoption Day
Many children waiting in foster care across the United States permanently joined their "forever families" on the second annual National Adoption Day, Saturday, November 17.
- Newly Modified APHSA Database to Assist with ICPC
With a 3-year adoption opportunities grant from the Children's Bureau, the American Public Human Services Association (APHSA) was tasked with facilitating, expediting, and improving the...
- Website Publishes Feedback on Draft Intercountry Adoption Standards
Under the Intercountry Adoption Act of 2000 (PL 106-279), the State Department was charged with preparing a draft of standards for public comment and preparing a statement of work for...
- School Adoption Resource Supports Parents and Teachers
Although educators are trained to be sensitive to a culturally diverse student population, the special needs of adoptive children are often overlooked. A new resource book guides adoptive parents...