- January 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 1
- Emotional Abuse and Emotional Neglect: Antecedents, Operational Definitions and Consequences
Glasser, D.; Prior, V.; Lynch, M. A. The British Association for the Study and Prevention of Child Abuse, York, UK. 2001. 73 pp. $25.71. Hardcover.
British researchers conducted a study to gain a...
- Physical Signs of Child Abuse: A Colour Atlas
Hobbs, C.; Wynne, J. Harcourt Health Sciences, St. Louis, MO. 408 pp. $99.00. Hardcover.
Detailed information on many types of child abuse, neglect, physical abuse, and sexual abuse is provided in...
- Creative Responses to Child Sexual Abuse: Challenges and Dilemmas
Richardson, S. (Editor); Bacon, H. (Editor). Jessica Kingsley Publishers, London, England. 240 pp. $26.95. Paperback.
Despite heightened media attention and improved professional knowledge about...
- Representing Children in Child Protective Proceedings: Ethical and Practical Dimensions
Peters, J. K. Matthew Bender and Co., Inc. LexisNexis Group, Albany, NY. 1090 pp. $65.00. Paperback.
For children in the child protection system, it may be easy to view lawyers as just another...
- Psychological Maltreatment of Children: The APSAC Study Guides 4
Binggeli, N. J.; Hart, S. N.; Brassard, M. R. Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA. 131 pp. $49.95. Paperback.
Psychological maltreatment is probably the most common form of child abuse. Not...
- Child Abuse: Medical Diagnosis and Management
Reece, R. M. (Editor); Ludwig, S. (Editor). Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Hagerstown, MD. 602 pp. $99.00. Hardcover.
Since the publication of the first edition of this book, there have been over...
- Forensic Emergency Medicine
Olshaker, J. S. (Editor); Jackson, M. C. (Editor); Smock, W. S. (Editor). Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Hagerstown, MD. 312 pp. $99.00. Hardcover.
Hospital emergency department physicians often...
- Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Child Welfare
Banks, H. (Editor). Child Welfare League of America, Washington, DC. 21 pp. $4.95. Booklet.
The Child Welfare League of America (CWLA) reviews the role of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) in child...
- Understanding Recruitment of Latino Resource Parents
An informational resource by the National Center for Resource Family Support, operated by Casey Family Programs, considers problems and possible solutions for foster care recruiters facing a...
- CDC Announces Funding Awards for Surveillance of Child Maltreatment
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has awarded the health departments in five States a total of $1.3 million in funding for the surveillance of child maltreatment. The recipients...
- Generations United Announces 10 KinNET Grants for 2002-2003
Last year the Children's Bureau awarded a cooperative agreement to Generations United to establish KinNET, a national network of support groups for relatives caring for kin in foster care. KinNET...
- Resources for Maternal and Child Health Professionals on Child Maltreatment
"Healthy Generations", a newsletter by the University of Minnesota School of Public Health, offers information on child abuse from a maternal and child health perspective. The special May 2001...