- February/March 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 2
- Does it Take a Village: Community Effects on Children, Adolescents, and Families
Booth, Alan. (Editor); Crouter, Ann C. (Editor). Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., Mahwah, NJ. 272 pp. $34.50. Paperback.
Based on the presentations and discussion from the sixth national...
- Parenting and the Child's World: Influences on Academic, Intellectual, and Social-Emotional Development
Borkowski, J. G. (Editor). Bristol-Power, Marie (Editor). Ramey, Sharon Landesman (Editor). Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., Mahwah, NJ. 403 pp. $89.95. Hardcover.
The 39 contributors to this...
- Shattered Bonds: The Color of Child Welfare
Roberts, Dorothy. Basic Books, New York, NY. 351 pp. $19.25. Hardcover.
Roberts examines the role that race plays in the child welfare and protection system, focusing on the reasons black children...
- The Winners: 100 Prize Winning Essays by Teens in Foster Care
Foster Care Youth United. Youth Communication, New York, NY. 64 pp. $14.95. Paperback.
Foster Care Youth United has put together a collection of essays and essay excerpts that were written by youth...
- Psychological Assessment of Sexually Abused Children and Their Families. Interpersonal Violence: The Practice Series.
Friedrich, William N. Sage Publications Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA. 384 pp. $34.95. Paperback.
Friedrich outlines a theoretical framework for psychological assessments and includes in depth case...
- Toward a Child-Centered, Neighborhood-Based Child Protection System: A Report of the Consortium on Children, Families, and the Law
Melton, Gary B. (Editor); Thompson, Ross A. (Editor); Small, Mark A. (Editor). Greenwood Publishing Group, Westport, CT. Praeger Publishers. 317 pp. $65.00. Hardcover.
Scholars affiliated with...
- Online Database Contains Domestic Violence Statutes
Navigate to the website of the Family Violence Department of the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges for a comprehensive database of domestic violence statutes for all 50 States,...
- First Annual Citizen Review Panel Conference
Since the 1970s in some States, and since 1999 in all States, volunteers in communities nationwide provide oversight and insights to public child welfare agencies by serving on Citizen Review...
- Speaking for America's Children
Children's basic needs are universal, but the strategies to meet those needs will vary from State to State and even locality to locality. That was the overall conclusion reached by the National...
- National Indian Child Welfare Association to Publish New Journal
"World View: The Journal of American Indian Child and Family Services" will be published by the National Indian Child Welfare Association (NICWA) this fall. The journal aims to improve practice...