- Sex Abuse Trauma? Or Trauma From Other Sources?
Gardner, Richard A.Creative Therapeutics, Inc., Cresskill, NJ. 2002. 366 pp. $57.95. Paperback.
Many sexually abused children have different reactions to the abuse they suffer and can exhibit...
- Reducing Child Maltreatment: A Guidebook for Parent Services
Lutzker, John R.; Bigelow, Kathryn M. Guilford Publications, Inc., New York, NY. 2002. 231pp. $30.00. Paperback.
Based on 20 years of research and practice with over 1,500 families at risk for...
- Kinship Caregiver Programs
According to analyses of the 1997 National Survey of America's Families (NSAF), there are 1.8 million children in kinship care. Nearly three-fourths (1.3 million) of these children lived with...
- New Health Care Coverage Guide for Kinship Caregivers
Kinship caregivers face numerous obstacles in obtaining basic services for the children they are raising. Health care coverage, in particular, may be difficult to acquire due to numerous...
- Lifebooks Available for Foster Care and Adoption
Lifebooks are available to children, adoptive parents, social workers, and case workers to assist children in recording their personal histories as they go through the adoption or foster care...