- Family Violence and Criminal Justice: A Life-Course Approach
Payne, Brian K.; Gainey, Randy R. Anderson Publishing Co., Cincinnati, OH. 2002. 367 pp. $39.95. Paperback.
Family violence has become an issue of widespread concern among social workers,...
- Adoption and Assisted Reproduction, Volume 4 in the Adoption and Ethics Series
Freundlich, Madelyn. Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2001. 111 pp. $18.95. Paperback.
The growing use of assisted reproduction, including sperm donation, gamete donation,...
- Security Risk: Preventing Client Violence Against Social Workers
Weinger, Susan. National Association of Social Workers, Washington, DC. 2001. $21.99. 89 pp. Paperback.
Research indicates that at least a quarter of professional social workers are likely to...
- The Ethics of Transracial Adoption
Fogg-Davis, Hawley. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY. 2002. 156 pp. $25.00. Hardcover.
Transracial adoption is one of the most contentious issues in adoption politics and in the politics of...
- Guidelines for the Development of Foster Care Handbooks: What Foster Youth Have to Say
Harrak, Terry; Jones, Maria Garin. Child Welfare League of America, Inc., Washington, DC. 2001. 31 pp. $8.95. Paperback.
Entry into foster care is often a difficult transition for children,...
- Video Explores Transracial Adoption in America
Just as immigration has made America a melting pot, transracial adoption has blended many American families together. A new video by Phil Bertelsen takes a closer look at how these families are...
- Prize-Winning Essays by Teens in Foster Care
The perspectives and experiences of teenagers living in foster care in New York City are captured in a recently published anthology. "The Winners: 100 Prize-Winning Essays by Teens in Foster...
- New Resources Offer Suggestions on Successful Parenting and Grandparenting
Two new guidebooks and a video serve as beacons in a parent's and grandparent's journey through the ups and downs of child rearing.
The National Institute of Child Health and Human...
- Strengthening Couples, Marriages in Low-Income Communities
Policy makers interested in crafting strategies designed to strengthen the institution of marriage will find suggestions in a new publication by Theodora Ooms of the Resource Center on Couples and...