- Children Who See Too Much: Lessons from the Child Witness to Violence Project
Groves, Betsy McAlister. Beacon Press. Boston, MA. 2002. 179 pp. $24.00. Hardcover.
Children may be exposed to any number of violent events in their lives, but traumatic events involving family...
- They're All My Children: Foster Mothering in America
Wozniak, Danielle F. New York University Press, NY. 2002. 255 pp. $18.00. Paperback.
The Connecticut State Legislative Program Review and Investigations (SLPRI) Committee hired Wozniak to conduct...
- For Better and For Worse: Welfare Reform and the Well-Being of Children and Families
Duncan, Greg J.; Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay, Editors. Russell Sage Foundation, New York, NY. 2001. 337 pp. $42.50. Hardback.
Although the 1996 welfare reform bill reduced welfare rolls,...
- Silenced Angels: The Medical, Legal, and Social Aspects of Shaken Baby Syndrome
Peinkofer, J. R. Greenwood Publishing Group, Inc., Westport, CT. 2002. 309 pp. $44.95. Hardcover.
Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS), which occurs when a caretaker shakes a baby violently, is a...
- We Are Not Alone: A Guidebook for Helping Professionals and Parents Supporting Adolescent Victims of Sexual Abuse
Angelica, Jade Christine. Haworth Press, Inc., Binghamton, NY. 2001. 240 pp. $24.95. Paperback.
Angelica explains the process of reporting, investigating, and prosecuting cases of adolescent...
- Parenting the Hurt Child: Helping Adoptive Families Heal and Grow
Keck, Gregory C.; Kupecky, Regina M. Pinon Press, Colorado Springs, CO. 2002. 295 pp. $22.00. Hardcover.
Adopted children often bear emotional scars from the past that can complicate the...
- Systems of Care for Children with Emotional Disturbances
The National Technical Assistance Center for Children's Mental Health and the Child, Adolescent, and Family Branch of the Center for Mental Health Services are sponsoring training institutes on...