Child Welfare Research
- Study Examines Intrafamilial Child Sexual Abuse
A University of Maryland study by researchers Denise Pintello and Susan Zuravin examines intrafamilial child sexual abuse and the predictors of postdisclosure maternal belief and protective...
- Findings from Survey on Placement Indicated Wide Disparity of State Reporting
A recent report issued by the Child Welfare League of America (CWLA) describes variances in how State child welfare agencies calculate placement changes and report out-of-home care populations in...
- Two New Reports from the Casey Foundation Consider Children's Well-Being
Two new reports from the Annie E. Casey Foundation provide insights into the well-being of U.S. children.
Both reports are part of the Casey Foundation's ongoing KIDS COUNT project, which...
- Recruiting and Retaining Resource Families
Casey Family Programs National Center for Resource Family Support (CNC) and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation are sponsoring a Breakthrough Series Collaborative on Recruiting and Retaining...
- Children's Exposure to Violence Associated with Academic, Health Problems
Two recent studies published in the "Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine" find that exposure to violence can have detrimental effects on children's academic abilities and health.