- October 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 8
News From the Children's Bureau
- HHS Launches National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare
The National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW) will focus on substance use disorders among families who have abused or neglected their children. The program is an initiative of...
- Results of 2001 Child and Family Services Reviews Released
Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs) are designed to enable the Federal Government to ensure that State child welfare agency practice is in conformity with Federal child welfare requirements,...
- New Media Campaign Launched for National Adoption Month 2002--AdoptUSKids
November is National Adoption Month and the theme this year is AdoptUSKids. The purpose of National Adoption Month is to focus attention on the increasing numbers of children in the child welfare...
- National Abandoned Infants Assistance Resource Center Releases Publication on Expediting Permanency for Abandoned Infants
Through a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Children's Bureau, the National Abandoned Infants Assistance Resource Center published the manual "Expediting Permanency for...
- NAIC Website Rated Best of the Web by Forbes.com
The National Adoption Information Clearinghouse website was voted a "Forbes Favorite" in Forbes.com's "Best of the Web Fall 2002". Sites were ranked according to five criteria: content, design,...