- October 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 8
- Managing for Outcomes: A Basic Guide to the Evaluation of Best Practices in the Human Services
"Managing for Outcomes" offers basic guidance to human service managers on program evaluation philosophies and procedures. It provides information on developing best practices and documenting...
- Children Cared for by Relatives: What Services Do They Need?
"Children Cared for by Relatives: What Services Do They Need?" is part of a series by The Urban Institute presenting findings from the 1999 National Survey of America's Families, a nationally...
- Children Cared for by Relatives: What Do We Know about Their Well-Being?
"Children Cared for by Relatives: What Do We Know about Their Well-Being?" is part of a series by The Urban Institute presenting findings from the 1999 National Survey of America's Families, a...
- Understanding and Preventing Violence in the Lives of Children and Youth
Violence in the lives of today's children and youth can take many different forms--from self-inflicted injuries to child abuse and witnessing violence at home or on television. As this is a...
- Healthy Start, Grow Smart Series
The U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Agriculture, and Education released a resource for parents on how to care for newborn babies. The "Healthy Start, Grow Smart Series (2002)"...
- Justice Department Announces More Than $14 Million To Mentor At-Risk Youth
The Justice Department is awarding more than $14 million in grants to fund juvenile mentoring programs across the nation. Through the Juvenile Mentoring Program (JUMP), administered by the Office...
- New Publications on Funding and Sustainable Strategies for Child and Family Initiatives
The Finance Project has produced a series of products that provide useful information to policymakers, program developers, community leaders, and others concerned with improving the financing of...