- September 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 7
Child Welfare Research
- Foster Parents, Relatives Adopt Majority of Children with Special Needs
A June 2003 research brief from the Urban Institute outlines characteristics of parents who adopt children from the foster care system. The report, "Who Will Adopt the Foster Care Children Left...
- Positive Results for Family Group Decision Making
A relatively new approach in child welfare, family group decision making (FGDM) seeks to give family members, rather than professionals, a leading voice in determining how best to ensure a child's...
- Access to Adoption Law Now Easier Than Ever
State law governs almost every aspect of the adoption process--yet these laws vary widely from State to State and are often difficult for adoptive families to find and understand. In July, the...
- National PSA Campaign Urges Adults to Report Child Abuse
A new national PSA campaign, developed by the Advertising Council in partnership with Childhelp USA®, encourages adults to intervene in cases where they suspect child abuse. The television,...
- The Child Welfare System, Step by Step
The path a child takes through a State child welfare system can be confusing for those unfamiliar with it. The Pew Commission on Children in Foster Care has recently developed an online resource,...