- Report Ranks Nations by Status of Mothers, Children
A new report by Save the Children, ranks U.S. mothers and their children 4th worldwide on key indicators of well-being.
"State of the World's Mothers 2000" is based on published statistics from...
- New Website Focuses on Family Group Decision Making
Child welfare professionals might want to bookmark the new website of the National Center on Family Group Decision Making (http://www.fgdm.org).
The Center and its site are operated by the...
- Handbook for Child Protection Practice
Edited by Howard Dubowitz and Diane DePanfilis. Sage Publications. 2000. 681 pages. $95 hardcover, $44.95 paperback.
This handbook is a useful tool and reference book for professionals involved...
- Group Work With Sexually Abused Children: A Practitioner's Guide
Grotsky, L., C. Camerer, and L. Damiano. Sage Publications, Inc. 2000. 313 pages. $39.95
Group therapy for sexually abused children has proven to be an effective, cost-efficient, highly...
- Children Birth to Three in Foster Care: Protecting Children
2000, Vol 16, Number 1. American Humane Association. Quarterly.
This issue of "Protecting Children" explores issues affecting very young children in foster care. Articles include:
- A Place to Call Home: Adoption and Guardianship for Children in Foster Care
S. Christian and L. Ekman. National Conference of State Legislatures. 2000. $25 plus shipping and handling.
This book examines how States are responding to the Adoption and Safe Families Act of...
- The Legal System and What To Do When Your Child is in Foster Care: Guidebook for Parents
Child Protection Division, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. 1997; revised 1999.
Part handbook and part workbook, this publication walks parents through each step of the legal process that...
- Children's Defense Fund Congressional Workbook
2000. 199 pages. $8.00 plus shipping and handling.
Updated and expanded, this workbook is tailored to the interests of those concerned with children's issues. The publications includes basic...
- Resolving Childhood Trauma: A Long-Term Study of Abuse Survivors
Catherine Cameron. Sage Publications, Inc. 2000. 340 pages. $65.00 (hardcover), $27.95 (softcover).
For 12 years, researcher Catherine Cameron followed the lives of 51 adult female survivors of...
- States at Work: Implementing the Adoption and Safe Families Act, Parts 1-3
American Public Human Services Association. 2000. 8 pages each. $20/three-volume set.
"States at Work" provides a snapshot of what States are doing to speed up the process of moving children out...