- September 2005
- Vol. 6, No. 7
News From the Children's Bureau
- HHS Approves Child Welfare Waivers for Indiana and Arizona
Two States recently received approvals for child welfare waiver demonstration projects, allowing them greater flexibility in using Federal title IV-E funds to help children and families. With the...
- Strategic Therapeutic Parenting for High-Risk Families
Families experiencing both child maltreatment and domestic violence have unique needs that often cannot be met by one agency. To provide mental health services to these families, the Children's...
- Collaboration Between Child Welfare and Substance Abuse Treatment Systems: TA for States
Collaboration among child welfare, dependency court, and substance abuse treatment professionals can improve services for the many families involved with these systems. In an effort to promote...
- Service Array Tools for Child Welfare
States and other jurisdictions need to be able to draw from a full array of services to meet the individual needs of children and families. To help States assess the adequacy of their service...
- Your Monthly Library Update
Keeping up to date with the latest information on child welfare, adoption, prevention, and administration can be difficult. Beginning in October 2005, the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and...
- Training on Legal Issues for Foster Parents
The National Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice and Permanency Planning (NRCFCPPP) offers a curriculum on the legal issues faced by foster parents. The four-module training curriculum...