Child Welfare Research
- Report Reveals Domestic Violence as a Global Epidemic
Domestic violence has reached global epidemic proportions, according to findings in a new UNICEF report, " Domestic Violence Against Women and Girls."
The study, conducted by the UNICEF...
- "Megan's Law" May Apply in Cyberspace, College Campuses
The reach of "Megan's Law" might soon extend to the Internet and college campuses.
The 1996 Federal law requires States to disclose information to citizens about convicted sex offenders in...
- Would Megan's Law Work Online?
Proposals to protect children from online sexual predators, have both supporters and opponents. In two States, measures are being considered that would force convicted sex offenders to reveal...
- Casey Foundation Report Evaluates the Well-Being of U.S. Children
How are U.S. children doing, educationally, socially, economically, and physically? The 2000 edition of the "Kids Count Data Book" tries to provide some answers.
The report, published...
- Grants Aim to Strengthen Families, Communities
A public/private partnership will bestow more than $8 million in grants to strengthen the families and communities of very young children.
The Free to Grow national demonstration program will...
- Counties Receive Grant to Support Child Abuse Prevention
The National Association of Counties (NACo) has received a $300,000 grant from the Freddie Mac Foundation to support child abuse prevention programs in at least 200 counties nationwide.