- November 2006
- Vol. 7, No. 8
News From the Children's Bureau
- New Federal Legislation Impacts State Child Welfare Practice
Two new Federal laws passed this summer will bring changes to child welfare practice at the State level.
The Safe and Timely Interstate Placement of Foster Children Act of 2006 (P.L. 109-239)...
- Report to Congress on Permanency for Older Children
The Children's Bureau has released a Report to Congress that outlines the challenges and strategies involved with achieving permanency for older children and youth in foster care. Children age 9...
- Child Welfare Outcomes 2003
"Child Welfare Outcomes 2003: Annual Report to Congress" provides information on the performance of each State, Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico in seven areas or "outcomes" for children and...
- Workforce Recruitment and Retention in Three Western States
An ongoing project of the Butler Institute for Families at the University of Denver is working to improve workforce recruitment and retention in child welfare at five sites in Colorado, Arizona,...
- Online Toolkit for Round Two of the CFSRs
An online toolkit is now available to help States understand and work with the new composite measures for Round Two of the Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs). Developed by the National...
- Student Opportunities for ACF Grant Review
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is recruiting undergraduate and graduate students to serve on panels that review and make...
- Spanish Child Welfare Terms
Child Welfare Information Gateway now offers a list of more than 130 Spanish/English child welfare terms on its website. The list was developed with the assistance of professional translators and...
- Children's Bureau Awards Discretionary Grants
The Children's Bureau recently announced Discretionary Grants for FY 2006 in five areas:
* Collaboration Between TANF and Child Welfare to Improve Child Welfare Program Outcomes
- New Resources From the NRCFCPPP
The National Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice and Permanency Planning (NRCFCPPP) has added to its list of Hot Topics on its website. New sections on "Methamphetamine and Child Welfare"...