- September 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 6
News From the Children's Bureau
- New Website Focuses on Adoption and Foster Care Data
The Children's Bureau has launched a new website devoted to the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS).
AFCARS is a system for collecting data on children in foster...
- CB Express Has a New Look
The September issue of the "Children's Bureau Express" (http://cbexpress.acf.hhs.gov) is back with several new design features, which we hope you will find useful.
The left-hand menu bar...
- DHHS Report Takes First Close Look at Child Welfare Outcomes in States
How well are States meeting the needs of children and families who enter the child welfare system? As part of broad national efforts to answer this question, the U.S. Department of Health and...
- Monograph Addresses Training, Education Issues Raised by ASFA
The Children's Bureau has released a new monograph addressing practice, training, and social work education issues related to implementation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997 (ASFA).
- Three Monographs Issued by National Resource Center for Foster Care and Permanency Planning
As part of its mission to support child welfare agencies in providing high-quality foster care services and helping children achieve permanency, the National Resource Center for Foster Care and...
- National Resource Center for Youth Development Publishes Adolescent Permanency Report
The Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) of 1997 directed child welfare agencies to place more children and youth in permanent homes. But what does "permanency" mean for adolescents?
- NAIC Website Wins Forbes Award
Forbes.com's "Best of the Web" has named the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse (NAIC) website a "Forbes' Favorite" in its September 11 issue. NAIC is a service of the Children's Bureau,...