- September 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 6
- Transracial Adoption and Foster Care: Practice Issues for Professionals
Crumbley, J. Child Welfare League of America Press. 1999. 158 pages. $18.95 paperback.
This book, aimed at professionals who work with foster and adopted children and their families,...
- Inside Transracial Adoption
Steinberg, G. and B. Hall. Perspectives Press. 2000. 405 pages. $ 24.95.
Intended as a practical manual, this book is a guide for current or prospective adoptive parents of children from...
- Measuring the Effects of Stress on Families
A new Urban Institute study based on data collected as part of the National Survey of America's Families (NSAF), attempts to quantify the ways families and children are affected by stress.
- National Child Health Day Will Focus on Early Childhood Development
Early childhood development will be the theme for National Child Health Day, scheduled for October 2, 2000, according to the Maternal and Child Health Bureau of the U.S. Health Resources and...
- Adoption Guide Aimed at Educators
As children head back to school, professionals and parents might want to add "An Educator's Guide to Adoption" to their resource list.
The 22-page guide published by Celebrate Adoption, Inc.,...
- NIH Solicits Grant Applications on Child Development in Poor Families
Researchers from various disciplines interested in the intersection of child development, poverty, and public policy will be interested in a new Program Announcement from the National Institutes...
- Federally Sponsored Website Addresses Parenting Concerns
Nine Federal agencies participating in the Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention recently collaborated to create a new website for parents.
- When Can Children Stay Safely Home Alone?
Judging by calls placed to the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information, many parents and even professionals are confused about when children can be safely--and legally--left...