News From the Children's Bureau
- HHS Assistant Secretary Discusses New Child Welfare Rule
You can find additional guidance on the Final Rule on Federal Monitoring of State Child Welfare Programs in testimony given by Department of Health and Human Services Assistant Secretary Olivia...
- Children's Bureau to Fund Statewide Networks for Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention
The Children's Bureau has released a Program Instruction (PI) for States applying for Community-Based Family Resource and Support Grants for fiscal year 2000. The grants provide funding to...
- Children's Bureau Issues Guidance on New Foster Care Independence Program
Title 1 of the Foster Care Independence Act, enacted into law last December, makes substantial changes in Federal efforts to serve youth transitioning out of the child welfare system.
- States Consider Ways to Curb Infant Abandonment
A number of States and localities are looking at the ancient problem of infant abandonment in a new legislative light.
According to the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), at...
- Helping Hand in Implementing Independent Living
States can find help implementing the newly revamped Independent Living Program from the National Resource Center for Youth Development. This Children's Bureau-supported Resource Center provides...
- Newest Resource Center Launches Website
Visit the newly launched website of the National Resource Center for Information Technology in Child Welfare. The site describes the Center's services and goals and includes conference details, a...