- June 2018
- Vol. 19, No. 5
- Children's Bureau Express
- News From the Children's Bureau
News From the Children's Bureau
Read about how at-risk youth are turning to runaway hotlines to seek help before leaving home, how substance use in families affects child welfare caseloads, a listing of the latest updates to the Children's Bureau website, and more.
- Report Shows Youth Increasingly Turning to Federal Help Hotline Before Running Away
New data from the National Communication System, a federally funded hotline operated by the National Runaway Safeline (NRS), shows that an increasing number of young people are calling for help...
- The Relationship Between Substance Use Indicators and Child Welfare Caseloads
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation released a research brief presenting the results from a statistical analysis that...
- Strengthening Protections for Social Security Beneficiaries Act of 2018
On April 13, 2018, the Strengthening Protections for Social Security Beneficiaries Act of 2018 (P.L. 115–165) was signed in to law. The act amends information-sharing and overpayment liability...
- CB Website Updates
The Children's Bureau website hosts information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, federal reporting, and much more. ...