- January 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 1
News From the Children's Bureau
- Getting in SYNC: Agency Responsiveness to the Community
What are the keys to a successful public/private partnership? A teleconference sponsored by the National Child Welfare Resource Center for Organizational Improvement in October shed some light on...
- HHS Honored by Harvard University for Child Welfare Outcomes Initiative
In August, Harvard University recognized the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) by selecting its new initiative to measure child welfare outcomes in the States as one of 15...
- New HHS Initiative Focuses on Child Trauma
The terrorist attacks on September 11 left thousands of children traumatized both physically and emotionally. And both before and after September 11, thousands of children annually are...
- Federal Government Plan Aims to Streamline Federal Grant Process
A governmentwide effort to streamline the Federal grants process for States, universities, businesses, and other grant recipients will stress the need for a simpler, cost-effective process that...
- Safe Horizon Expands its Role in New York City
Safe Horizon (http://www.safehorizon.org), one of New York City's leading providers of victims' assistance, child and family counseling programs, and shelter and housing services, expanded its...