- October 2007
- Vol. 8, No. 9
News From the Children's Bureau
- Diane Rath Nominated as Assistant Secretary for Children and Families
President Bush has nominated Diane Rath to lead the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). As the Assistant Secretary, Ms....
- Promoting Cultural Competence and Collaboration: The Frontline Connections QIC
"Second in a series of articles on the Children's Bureau's Quality Improvement Centers"
To improve the outcomes for children of color referred to child protective services (CPS) for neglect, the...
- Children's Bureau CFSR Factsheets for Professionals
In order to increase key stakeholders' awareness of the Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs), the Children's Bureau has released a series of factsheets about the CFSRs written for related...
- Improving Child Protection Services Through Citizen Review Panels
State officials and child welfare professionals seeking to improve child protection services in their State can visit the new Citizen Review Panels web section provided by the National Resource...
- FRIENDS Performance Report Summaries Now Available
The Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP) grant award program performance report summaries for fiscal year 2006 are now available online. Submitted by the States in December, the CBCAP...
- New! On the Children's Bureau Site
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more....