- Dec 2008/Jan 2009
- Vol. 9, No. 10
- Children's Bureau Express
- Strategies and Tools for Practice
Strategies and Tools for Practice
Find information about a new online community for those who work with Tribes and learn about links and resources on assessments, case management, and improving outcomes for children and families.
- American Indian Child Welfare Community of Practice
The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) Policy Research Center and the National Indian Child Welfare Association have launched an online community of practice (CoP) for organizations and...
- Safe Start Centers Reduce the Impact of Exposure to Violence
Helping communities develop evidence-based strategies for reducing the impact of children's exposure to violence is the focus of the Safe Start Initiative, a program funded by the Office of...
- Review of Tools Assessing Independent Living Programs
The Independent Living Program (ILP) helps youth in foster care transition to independent living by equipping them with the skills they need to live as adults. To advance evidence-based practice...
- Effective Foster Parent Training for Kinship Caregivers
Child welfare agencies face special challenges in developing training programs and policies that meet the needs of relative caregivers. Of particular concern is the need to structure foster parent...
- Structured Decision-Making in Case Management
Structured Decision Making® (SDM) is an evidence-based model designed to help agencies and caseworkers make accurate risk assessments about families and children. A new guide from the...
- Assessing Early Developmental Delays in Young Children in Foster Care
Research has demonstrated that children in foster care are disproportionately at risk for early developmental delays. Early identification and intervention can make an enormous difference in the...